Dr. Greg Czar is a sport psychologist, wrestling and mental toughness coach, and Professor of Psychology at Schoolcraft College in Livonia, Michigan. As a researcher of grounded psychology, Dr. Czar examines a new theory of “building your cage” to prepare for big moments in competition and in life. This theory helps business leaders and coaches implement a culture that develops visualization and focus as an integral part of effective mental and physical preparation.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How to gain self-awareness to avoid letting negatives from your past impact your future
- Dr. Greg Czar talks about the importance of “embodying your role” to perform at your best in a high-pressure scenario
- Strategies for gaining focus, controlling your anxiety, and functioning well during big moments
- Dr. Czar explains the use of visualization: see yourself succeeding before it happens
- Overcoming external factors and eliminating distractions by “building your cage”
- The different ways leaders and coaches can help their team gain focus, visualization, and victory
In this episode…
Do you have the skills to succeed in your chosen endeavors but find yourself overcome by nerves during the moments that count? Are you in charge of a team that could benefit from an improved focus — which leads to success in key situations? Dr. Greg Czar has some unique insights on how to achieve success when it matters most.
Dr. Czar is a sport psychologist and Professor of Psychology at Schoolcraft College. He knows all about the value of your thoughts in the heat of the moment, eliminating the myriad distractions that we all face, and visualizing yourself succeeding. This practice of self-awareness, focus, and visualization — called “building your cage” — can elevate anyone’s performance to greater heights, whether it’s in the boardroom or on the field.
On this episode of the Tiger Performance Podcast, Dr. Greg Czar, a sport psychologist and Professor of Psychology at Schoolcraft College, talks with Steve Adams about how you can help yourself and your team members embody your respective roles. He discusses the importance of visualizing yourself in the moment, eliminating any distractions, and succeeding in the moments that matter most. Plus, he’ll help you “build your cage” to enhance focus and preparation, leading to victory.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Steve Adams on LinkedIn
- Tiger Performance Institute
- Unleash The Peak Performer Within You by Steve Adams
- EOS Entrepreneurial Operating System
- Tiger Performance Institute, Decode 2.0
- Dr. Greg Czar on LinkedIn
- Schoolcraft College
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Tiger Performance Institute.
At Tiger Performance Institute, we help high achievers eliminate burnout, stress, and sleepless nights using our Tiger Flow Method.
The Tiger Flow Method is a precise, DNA-based approach to performance and health optimization that helps high achievers all over the world reach a state of peak performance and focus — what we like to call “flow.”
At Tiger Performance Institute, we know that maintaining a state of flow drastically increases your productivity, creativity, skill acquisition, and so much more every single day.
That’s why we created The Tiger Flow Method—an integrated training program that helps you implement high-flow habits at work and at home.
So, what are you waiting for?