Dan King is a sales strategist, executive coach, and Co-founder of Fireside Strategic, an elite support system for CEOs who are inspired by mission and ideas. He calls himself a “recovering lawyer” after transitioning to a successful career as an entrepreneur with a knack for growth optimization. Dan built and sold a recruiting company serving the legal industry, advised one of the investors on NBC’s Shark Tank, and has coached over 100 CEOs, US and Canadian military members, and politicians.
Dan has traveled to more than 30 countries and completed two extreme charity racing adventures: one that involved driving a vintage Fiat from London to Mongolia and another where he drove a rickshaw across India.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- While competing in a charity race, Dan King was taken hostage by Russian soldiers who fixed — and then stole — his ancient Fiat when it broke down in Siberia
- How a lonely upbringing helped Dan find independence and success
- What’s more important: serving another human being or closing a sale?
- How a fortune cookie led Dan to become a lawyer
- The importance of knowing your ideal client (or, why 85% of sales come from referrals and 15% comes from other marketing)
- Dan talks about how his podcast has been vital in establishing relationships with C-suite leaders
- Why you need to trust your body when it’s telling you you’re burned out — even if your brain says press on
- When your work is in alignment with your values, burnout is more avoidable
- The value of a teacher or a mentor who sees something in you that you can’t see
In this episode…
Do you truly believe in what you are selling? Who is your ideal client? What does your ideal referral partner look like?
As someone who started in door-to-door sales, Dan King learned that serving another human being with integrity leads to greater success than focusing on closing a sale at all costs. Integrity and authenticity bring sales, which brings referrals, which are the most effective way of generating business. So, how do you start growing your sales and landing those referrals?
In this episode of the Tiger Performance Podcast, Fireside Strategic Co-founder Dan King tells Steve Adams about the keys to personal and professional success, which will also help you avoid the pain that comes from burnout. Dan shares how he realized that he would be better suited for business development than for being a lawyer and talks about the time he was taken hostage by Russian soldiers during a charity race!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Steve Adams on LinkedIn
- Tiger Performance Institute
- Unleash The Peak Performer Within You by Steve Adams
- EOS Entrepreneurial Operating System
- Tiger Performance Institute, Decode 2.0
- Dan King on LinkedIn
- Fireside Strategic
- The Fireside Chat videocast
- Fireside Strategic, Straight to the C-Suite
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Tiger Performance Institute.
At Tiger Performance Institute, we help high achievers eliminate burnout, stress, and sleepless nights using our Tiger Flow Method.
The Tiger Flow Method is a precise, DNA-based approach to performance and health optimization that helps high achievers all over the world reach a state of peak performance and focus — what we like to call “flow.”
At Tiger Performance Institute, we know that maintaining a state of flow drastically increases your productivity, creativity, skill acquisition, and so much more every single day.
That’s why we created The Tiger Flow Method—an integrated training program that helps you implement high-flow habits at work and at home.
So, what are you waiting for?